Things I Like

  • Game of Thrones

Monday, April 19, 2010

I know I promised pictures but . . .

life just got in the way this weekend. I had the grand kids over on Thursday and Friday, I had them until 11:00am on Saturday, then a spinning guild meeting from 11:30 - 1:30, then home to warp the loom for a collapse weave 2 day workshop with Ann Fields tomorrow in Palo Alto. I warped the loom from about 2:00pm, until the evening. It shouldn't have taken that long but she wanted us to do back to front warping which we have only done maybe once. So we were having to read how to do it from reference material and it was slow going. But we did get the warp on with the threads hanging loose on the front of the loom on Saturday night by about 7:00 or 8:00pm. Yesterday morning (Sunday) I went out early to get some errands done. But it was a crazy beautiful day outside and people were out in droves. It was hard to get around, there were so many people on the road and in Orchard Supply Hardware. So the afternoon yesterday was spent threading the heddles and lastly sleying the reed and tieing on. Which is now finished except for checking and spreading the warp - which I will do tonight. I'll also get all the little gadgets together that Ann requests us to bring which includes 3 shuttles. I did find a threading error last night late but it was very near the end of the warp so it was fairly painless to correct (no repair heddles needed - yay!). Talk soon . . .

No comments: