Things I Like

  • Game of Thrones

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

What I love about England (2009)

I just found this in my 'drafts' folder. I don't think it was ever published.


I'm visiting England to see my daughter and her family at her lovely newly refinished home. England is very different from any part of California that I've been in. I'll list 10 things here that I find amazing:


1. Aga. This is like an oven but it stays on all the time. The two things on the top on the right are burners that are covered up by a large heavy lid. Three of the 4 doors on the right side are ovens. The left wside of this large aga is a traditional stove with 4 burners & two ovens that are turned on independently. This is very large stove stays hot all the time, it really fights the cold damp English weather.





2. Tube station escalators. Some of these escalators go up hundreds of feet. They are amazing to ride on. Notice the signs on the right. They say to stand on right. The left side is a passing lane for people in a hurry.

No comments: