Things I Like

  • Game of Thrones

Saturday, September 10, 2011

No News (is good news?)

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but it's been lazy days here at Casa de Sharolene all summer. I haven't done any weaving and only a bit of knitting.  I've been getting stuff together for a Daryl Lancaster jacket making class next weekend - no small task.  Many small parts and some trips to the local fabric store.  I decided not to make the fabric for the jacket because the muslin I made from her last one day class was a bit small. Granted I was 15 pounds heaver when I actually made the muslin than when the pattern was made for me almost a year earlier.  (Digressing:  I really don't know how I can go up that much weight in that short of a time, since I don't binge eat.  I just eat a little too much food every day and don't weigh.  But that has come to an end. I'm tired of the yo-yo dieting thing and am determined to weigh a few times a week for the rest of my life so that doesn't happen any more.)  Anyway, I bought some light weight jacket fabric which I hope will work. It's a bit lighter than she wanted but I'm basically using it as a muslin so I don't care very much. The jacket style is not something I'll wear much anyway, it's more the experience of the class that I want rather than the finished product.  Several people in the class have made fabric for the jacket and I'm sure that their products will be fantastic. I envy them their confidence. 

No comments: