Things I Like

  • Game of Thrones

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fiber Trends Felted Clogs


This is the first time I've knitted one of these clogs and I'm having a bit of difficulty with the first clog. There are two soles and when you knit the two soles together, you have the option of what they call a bumper which is a contrasting color around the bottom of the show, looks like a thick sole area around the bottom. The picture below is how I have the first sole attached to the show, getting ready to knit the 2nd sole onto the inner sole. Anyone know if this is the way it's supposed to look so far? I know it's a little blurry but as you can see, there is a little extended plain knit area attached to the gray. This is where the bumper would go, except that the bumper will now be upside down. It's supposed to face down, not up. I'm in a bit of a dilemma right now until I know if this part is right.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Just go with the flow. The directions don't make sense. The in progress clog looks wrong. But when it's done, it's a schmoo. When it's fulled, it's wonderous.

Seriously, just go with it. I only got into trouble when I started to second guess the pattern, which was several times in my first clog. I kept wanting to "fix" it. In the end, I just let go, and follow the instructions blindly.

It'll be find.