Things I Like

  • Game of Thrones

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sorry for not posting . . .

It's not as if I haven't been doing anything.  Really . . .    I finished a pretty pair of fingerless gloves for my oldest grand daughter. Unfortunately I don't think I took a photo of them.  I finished the Monk's bag with the Fiber Artisan's Guild a couple weeks ago.  Unfortunately, I just didn't think it was big enough, or good enough, to submit for conference.  I need to re-weave it with smaller yarn. I think the main problem with it is that the handle is too thick.  It's supposed to be able to be folded in half and when I do that, it becomes a thickness that is too heavy to wear on your shoulder.  The grand kids came here from England last week and spent the night on Friday and Saturday nights.  We colored real eggs and made string eggs with balloons, string and starch. Both very fun projects.  So all in all, I haven't had too much to blog about.  It seems like as I get older that keeping a full time job just takes more and more out of me to where I don't feel I have the energy for much else. But I'm retiring at the end of May 2012 and I'm so excited about it.  It's kind of like looking forward to going on a trip, it doesn't seem real until you get closer too it.

I am planning two fiber vacations over the coming year, with my friend Ginny, who lives in Minnesota.  She's flying out here to go to SOAR in Granlibakken, Tahoe, in October for a week.  I'm planning on taking a Spinning for Weaving class with Sarah Lamb.  Then the big trip will be to Scotland in April 2013.  It's the Scottish mill tour with the singing weaver, Nadine Saunders. I'm so looking forward to that one!

That's it for now folks. I'll post a photo of the bag when the light is right.  Right now it's dark o'clock in the morning - my usual time of getting awake - but there is no light.

No comments: